Please be aware of a phishing email sent to ANU users asking them to open an attachment with a malicious link inside asking users to validate their accounts by entering their credentials at a malicious third-party site. This messages is attempting to steal ANU user credentials.
This email was sent from a compromised external university’s account.
If you have entered your ANU credentials on this third party website, please change your password immediately and contact the service desk for further advice.
- The ANU IT Services does not send such messages to users;
- ANU staff always use their name and contact numbers in all emails sent to groups;
- ANU email addresses end in “@anu.edu.au” but a user account could be compromised;
- If you are not expecting an email from someone, it is always a good idea to double check before clicking
- ANU never deactivates accounts in this manner
If you have any questions please contact Service Desk at 02 612 54321 or Ext:54321