Please be aware of a phishing email sent to ANU users asking them to upgrade their accounts by entering their credentials at a malicious third-party site. This messages is attempting to steal ANU user credentials.
Please be careful and check all emails before responding, clicking on the links, or opening attachments.
If you have entered your ANU credentials on this third party website, please change your password immediately and contact the ANU Service Desk on 02 6125 4321 for further advice.
ANU IT will never:
- Ask you to link your accounts to third party services;
- Require that you “validate” your credentials through links in emails;
- Send notification to “Terminate your account”;
- Block your email account if you did not login on a particular site;
- Send you a “Mailbox is full” email and suggest that your email will be blocked if you do not take some action.
Some things that ANU IT will always do:
- Address you or your group by name;
- In the Signature block we will always provide a name and number of the person sending the email;
- Send emails in ANU User notification format providing:
– Date / time and system affected;
– Reason for the notification;
– Incident or change numbers that can be referenced in ANU systems;
– Precise description of tasks being performed;
– A contact point for the incident/change and a phone number in case you have questions;
- All links will take you to ANU systems or ANU sites unlike the links in malicious emails;
- Give you enough warning through newsletters / email updates for any new changes coming into effect at ANU.